The Bell Tower will hold a Free entry day on Sunday 18 April 2021 for the Heritage Perth weekend.
Visit one of the largest musical instruments in the world, home to 18th century bells from England’s famous church - St Martin-in-the-Fields and the 6,500kg ANZAC Bell. Enjoy the views from the level-six Observation Deck while listening to the coin-operated carillon.
The Bell Tower is filled with fascinating historic content. Level 4 consists of a sound chamber that houses the 290-year-old bells from St. Martin-in-the-Fields and the new 6,500kg ANZAC Bell. A spiral staircase and lift, takes you to all 6 levels, finishing on the Observation Deck, with views of the city and Swan River.
The Bell Tower is fully accessible to all levels via lift, or stairs. The closest ACROD Bay is located on Riverside Drive or the Terrace Road car park. Tour guides and volunteer bell ringers working on the day are available to answer any questions and take photos. For those who have not yet visited, or have not been for a while, a visit to the Bell Tower, Home of the Swan Bells, will give you a truly new perspective of our city. Don't miss this opportunity to visit an award-winning icon of Perth.
What's on at the Bell Tower on Sunday 18 April 2021:
- The talented team of volunteer bell ringers will be ringing the bells and walking through the Tower to answer any questions you may have - between 11.30am - 1.30pm (approximately)
- Play a song on the coin operated Carillon - choose from over 70 different songs.
- Enjoy the beautiful views from the level 6 Observation Deck.
- See the 6,500kg ANZAC Bell. (It will ring at midday for 1 minute).
- Find the oldest Bell in Australia.
- Receive 10% off all merchandise.
- Heritage Perth is a 3 day event from 16 April -18 April and the Bell Tower is offering free entry on Sunday 18 April only. The Bell Tower is still open on 16 and 17 April - entry fees apply.
- The Bell Tower kindly asks visitors to limit their visit to around 30 minutes. This will give everyone an opportunity to see the Bell Tower and ensure no one is waiting in line for too long.
- Take the stairs to explore all 6 levels, please reserve the lift for those who need it.
- Enjoy the day and take lots of happy photos! Remember to tag @thebelltowerperth @CityofPerth @HeritagePerth in all social media posts and use the hashtags #thebelltowerperth #HeritagePerthWeekend #CityofPerth #VisitPerth #HeritagePerth #Lotterywest
For more information on Heritage Perth please visit, www.heritageperth.com.au/